- Common Farm was purchased on 4th December 1921.
- William is 3rd generation having recently taken over the business from his late father Robert and late grandfather Clarence. He now farms in partnership with his mother Andrea.
- Up until the early 1990’s the farm was run as mixed farm with a beef suckler herd and a small flock of sheep.
- In the mid 1990’s the beef suckler herd were sold, to concentrate on the sheep.
- A key turning point for the business was when all the stock were culled out to Foot & Mouth in 2001, and gave the opportunity for the family to re-assess the future.
- The home farm is 120 acres, plus grazing rights on Kempsey Common, with additional rented grazing throughout the year.
- In 2012 a farm business tenancy was taken on for an additional 260 acres on neighbouring farm.
- Additional short term grazing lets are taken on various other blocks of land in Worcestershire and with the emergence of new SFP system more land is now available for stubble turnip planting on arable farms.